We welcome dogs in Kestrel, Curlew and Chaffinch lodges and also on the Caravan Site. There are lots of dog friendly places and attractions nearby. Click here for further information on places to visit and places to eat which will accept dogs.
We want dogs and their owners to have a very happy holiday with us. However, we are responsible for ensuring the peace and tranquility of Blagdon Farm, and the comfort and enjoyment of all our guests and therefore we ask owners to respect the following rules:
- Your dog must be kept on a lead at all times with the exception of the dog walking field along the entrance lane. This is for the sake of other animals and guests, particularly young children, who may not be used to animals and may be caused distress by over-exuberant pets.
- We provide a dog walking field where you can let your dog off the lead, but please be aware that although there is a stock-proof fence there is often livestock in the adjacent field which is not our property and so please ensure that your dog does not cause distress.
- Dogs must never be left alone in lodges because many bark and howl and this can cause disturbance to other guests. It is also possible that a bored and lonely dog will chew the furniture and if this happens we will have to recharge the cost of replacement or repair.
- For hygiene reasons dogs are not permitted in the wet rooms, bedrooms or on any furniture.
- Owners are responsible for clearing up after their dogs immediately so that the grounds are kept clean and safe for all our guests. Waste should be double bagged and placed in the general waste bin.
- Please do not use the wet room in your lodge or the swimming pool changing rooms for washing your dog. If the dog needs to be cleaned then please ask us for access to a hosepipe and we will provide one.
- Owners must ensure that dogs are kept quiet at all times so that other guests are not disturbed.
If you think that you will be unable to comply with any element of the above policy then we can recommend a very good local kennel that will look after your dog while you are staying with us.
In the unlikely event that a guest does not observe these rules then we will politely remind them to do so, but if there are persistent breeches we reserve the right to ask the guest to leave and there will be no refund of the cost of the holiday.