If you are looking for a holiday in Devon and have a disability then all our lodges were purpose built to be fully accessible so they are an ideal place to stay if you have reduced mobility or if you are a wheelchair user.
A great deal of thought has been given to making all the facilities accessible including the games room, licensed bar and swimming pool. There is a pathway to the lake and through the orchard area which is stoned underneath so that wheelchair and mobility scooter users can explore our lovely surroundings.
- No steps in the lodges, around the site or in the public areas
- Extra wide doorways in the lodges and other facilities for wheelchair users (minimum 800mm)
- Open plan living areas with plenty of space for wheelchairs
- A low level kitchen work surface in each lodge for wheelchair users (excl. Wagtail)
- Pedestal or pull out extending dining tables
- Wheelchair accessible terraces
- Lever taps in all wet rooms and kitchens
- Roll-in wet rooms with grab rails for the basin, toilet and shower
- Curtained shower areas (excl. Mallard) for extra manoeuvring space
- Parking areas adjacent to each lodge entrance
- Large covered porch areas for mobility equipment storage
- External electric sockets in porches for scooter/wheelchair charging
- Mobility equipment available for hire
- Fully accessible public areas: swimming pool and games room
- Hoist and wide steps to access the swimming pool
- Accessible changing room showers in swimming pool
We know that some disabled visitors require a lot of mobility equipment which can be difficult to transport, so we are able to provide a full range of kit including - mobility scooters, hoists, monkey poles, wheelchairs, shower chairs (wheeled or static), commodes, high back armchairs, bed rails, bed raisers, raised toilet seats, perching stools and walking aids.
Nearby Bude has excellent facilities for visitors with disabilities including a Sand Chair, Accessible Beach Huts, Disabled Toilets, Wheelchair cycle hire & a wheelyboat at Tamar Lake.